Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Bad Case of the I don't Wants

Ugh, I simply hate the winter holiday season.

I live in a small Midwestern rustbelt town where it is often cold during the winter. I have never liked the cold but this is where the job was. It pays ok; but it will be tough to leave as I have a child (through my 300 + pound ex wife) and I am obligated (rightfully so) to make child support payments.

So, I am stuck with a job I don't want in a place where I don't want to live.

Also, mistake number 2: I did remarry; I have a wife I don't want in a place I don't want to live at a job I don't want (mostly teaching students who don't want to learn).

And, well, there is no way out, at least for another 4-8 years.

Still, this is tolerable until the winter holiday season when I am forced to take the winter holiday trip to bring my daughter back to this *hit hole where I live.

That means either a long drive that I don't want to take or flying on today's airlines; this past trip featured a flight cancellation, lost bags and being given the run-around, stuck with an extra night's hotel, etc.

Frankly, I'll throw a party when American Airlines goes under; I am never flying those *ssholes again.

And of course, there is spending holiday time with people I don't want to associate with; either my in-laws (fat, stupid, noisy, obnoxious people) or my own family (same).

I just simply HATE THE FRIGGIN HOLIDAYS!!!!!

If I can switch jobs, I'll make this non-negotiable demand: NO WINTER HOLIDAY.

Grumble...

Are there good things? Of course, the employment is steady and it doesn't feature back breaking work or breathing toxic fumes (except for the polluted city air), some of the students are ok and my work colleagues are actually fine people.

I have some close by places to work out (pools, trails, etc.) and my daughter really is healthy (ask anyone who has a seriously sick kid) and economically, whereas I won't like paying off the car repair and trip bills, I am doing fine (usually no balance on the credit cards, etc.)

It isn't as if I am ready to Go Santa on anyone. (though it wouldn't have broke my heart if Santa had done the American Airlines executives prior to doing himself in).

No comments: